Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let's Go to the Movies

I took Braden and Avery to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks 2. Neither one had been to a movie theater before...I know horrible mom. Both of them did really good. We went to a movie theater around the corner from mom and dad's house but got there 10 minutes before the movie started. By the time we got our tickets and walked into the theater, there were only the entire front row and 2 seats here and there throughout the theater open. I was not going to watch it from the front row and I was not about to split up my 2 year old and 5 year old. I talked to the manager and explained to him the problem and he said he would refund our money. Once we got done with the transaction, he apologized and gave me 6 free tickets to our next movie at this location...BONUS!!!! We located another theater in Colleyville that had a showing at 3:30, this gave us plenty of time to eat and get there early.

We took the kids to McAlister Deli and enjoyed a great lunch with my sister and her 2 girls. Once we got done we headed to the theater. We were the second people in line to this showing. I am glad we got there when we did, the line wrapped around the corner of the hallway. We got GREAT seats all together. The first theater and this theater that we went to have theater seating and restaurant style seating inside the actual theater. It was super cool. Since we had already ate, we enjoyed the theater seats. It was so cool...you never had to get up and get a drink, popcorn or candy. They even had actual food. Each seat had a red button you would push if you needed something. I think we need one of these in Owasso.

The kid's first movie was a huge success. Avery and Braden really enjoyed it. When the Chipettes were singing "All the Single Ladies" Avery stood up in her chair and started shaking her booty. One point in the movie Dave calls out to Alvin...
A L V I N! It got quiet and then Avery tells me..."Mom he just said...A L V I N!!!" as loud as she could. It was cute!!! Aaron hung out with friends in Southlake, so he will have to join us on our next movie outting.

1 comment:

  1. We SO need a theater like that here! Hmmm....Colleyville, again :) If I could just get Mrs. King & Auntie at school there, there'd be NO question!

    I told Cal I will take her to see this movie, she's never been to one either!

    Glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete