Thursday, January 7, 2010

School or No School?

Today we did not have school. I hated it because I did not get to see my 2 day kiddos. We just got back from Christmas vacation, I got to see them on Tuesday now I have to wait until next Tuesday to see them again...URG! I am really not sure why we did not have school today. Was it because we were expecting snow and ice again or was it the temps? I know people from the north have got to be laughing at Oklahoma for canceling due to the temps. However on the flip side I am thinking of my son during this time. His class is located outside from the main building. They have to walk from building to building to go to specials and lunch. I feel bad for the K-5 students and teachers.

However, we enjoyed today. Aaron called us up and asked if we would like to join him for lunch. I bundled everyone up and we headed to Tulsa. We ate at Fuddruckers because that is one of our family's favorites. YUM YUM!!! The kids like going because of the race car and motorcycle game. It is so cute to watch Braden try and drive the motorcycle. He does not have enough weight to make the motorcycle go from side to side. I stand in the back and help without him knowing. When it comes to the race car games, neither one of our kids can reach the gas pedal...so they steer and Aaron and I press on the gas pedal. Braden is actually a pretty good driver. I guess it is because of playing a lot of Mario Kart Wii.

Well, Avery Dawn's birthday is about a month away. I have started playing around with her invitations for her playdate (with her classmates). I think we are going to have a Minnie Mouse party. I hate that we do not have our own house to have it at, but we are still praying about our house situation. We are thinking about having it at grandma's house. Still in the thinking stage. ????

1 comment:

  1. Cal missed going on Thursday, too...but I'm always happy to stay in when it's this cold! Minnie Mouse party is going to ROCK! I've been on Etsy all day looking for ladybug party stuff and I've seen a TON of minnie mouse stuff, too! SO cute!!! We'll see you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete